***All POSITIVE COVID-19 test results must be reported to our office within 2 days of results.
OFFICE VISIT PROTOCOLS
Here’s what to expect for your next office visit during these times:
- You will complete a wellness survey on the day of your appointment, prior to your scheduled time.
- Link to the questionnaire will be sent via text and/or email automatically
- Notify us, once you have arrived by replying to your text reminder or by calling us.
- Patients must arrive on-time with their teeth already brushed. If teeth are not clean enough the appointment may have to be rescheduled.
- We cannot accommodate late arrivals.
- Who can enter the office.
- Patients with scheduled appointments
- Parent of a minor patient here for a new patient exam
- Person to whom we are giving patient care instructions
- Non-patient entering the office will also need to sign a COVID form, take the wellness survey and have temperature and oxygen levels checked.
- Parents and siblings are asked to wait in their vehicle or outside the office for the appointment to be completed, with some exceptions, for everyone’s safety, regardless of vaccination status. If the patient is a minor, we can escort them from the parking lot to our office; please ask.
- Anyone entering the office MUST be wearing a face mask.
- Once inside our office, patients will have their temperature screened.
- Please do not exercise or have a hot bath within 1-hour of the appointment. This will affect body temperature.
- If the patient has a high temperature reading, after three (3) consecutive readings, we will reschedule the appointment.
WELLNESS SURVEY QUESTIONS
Prior to every appointment we are requiring all patients to fill out our Patient Wellness Survey (COVID-19). An automatic message, with link, will be sent the morning of your appointment. This message will be sent via your appointment reminder preference (text and/or email). Please complete on the day of the appointment, prior to your scheduled appointment time.
If you (patient) answer “Yes” to any of the following questions we will need to reschedule your appointment:
- Are you currently experiencing (or have you experienced within the last 14 days) :
- Fever (defined as ≥100.0°F)
- Chills (with or without shaking)
- Shortness of breath or other breathing difficulties
- Unexplained muscle or body aches
- Unexplained headaches
- Loss/reduction of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Have you (patient) had contact with any suspected or confirmed COVID-19 persons within the last 14 days?
Please call our office prior to your appointment, if any of the following apply:
- You are a healthcare professional.
- There are any changes to your medical history (such as new illness, disorders, conditions, or allergies).
- You have recently turned 65.
- You are newly pregnant.
If you believe that the above categories apply to you, please call us immediately.
OFFICE COVID-19 UPDATES
Patient Update Letter – June 9th, 2020
Dear Patients (and Parents),
We have great news! We are now able to schedule all appointment types. Please call, text or email us with your preferred availability (days and times). We will do our best to get you in at your ideal time.
In order to streamline the scheduling and appointment process, we are asking you to fill out and submit our one-time COVID-19 Advisory and Acknowledgement Form before calling to schedule your next visit.
The day of your visit you’ll be asked to complete a short health screening questionnaire; you can review the questions here. There are certain questions that will require you to reschedule your appointment; and some questions may require a quick phone call for more information.
As always, we are here to answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to seeing you!
Patient Update Letter – May 13th, 2020
*******Gearing Up for Office Reopening (updated 5/13/2020) *******
We have now received guidance from CDPH and the county health department about resuming orthodontic care. With this new guidance in place, I will be developing new protocols and plans for a safe reopening. We hope to reopen our office in the next few weeks.
However, we are experiencing significant difficulty obtaining the proper PPE (personal protective equipment) due to worldwide shortages of various PPE. Examples of PPE include, gowns, face shields and masks. I ordered PPE from multiple vendors about 2 months ago (and at limited quantities because vendors are placing limits on how many we can order), and some are still backordered with no estimated shipping date. We hope you understand that for your safety and for our team’s safety, we may need to delay performing certain types of procedures until we have in place the necessary infection control equipment.
In the mean time, once we have reopened, we do plan to start seeing patients for procedures that will be deemed lower risk. Examples include archwire changes and ligature changes (the “colors” on the braces).
We will be doing certain things differently once we reopen. We will be sending you all the information, once we have finalized the plan. One thing that will be certain is that anyone entering our office will be required to have a mask on. Please be prepared to have a cloth mask (or other types of mask) for our reopening.
Please do not call to schedule an in-office appointment yet. We will let you know, in a future newsletter, as to how we will be scheduling patients.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. We miss you all and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Yo Imai-Marshall, DDS, MSD (Marshall Orthodontics)